May 2026 - The Extra Bits

The day came to go in for my next biopsy on the suspicious area, by this point I was actually wondering if I should just move into Ninewells! In we went and we were taken into a little room as usual, but instead of asking me to go and lie on the bed like my previous ones, the Radiographer said "take a seat" and had my last mammogram image on her computer screen. Oh dear, this isn't going to be good. 

She told me that there was Tumour 1, Tumour 2, and the suspicious area that I was supposed to be getting biopsied but also she spotted two other areas at the bottom that she said were almost certainly cancerous.


She gave me two options, 1 - to go ahead with the original plan of the biopsy of the suspicious area plus the two new areas and if they came back negative carry on with the lumpectomy plan, or 2, go for a single mastectomy.  I chose the latter, with a cheeky little reduction and lift on the other side (silver linings and all that!)

Comments

Popular Posts