December 2025 - The Lump
Two days before Christmas of 2025 I was in bed and about to go to sleep. I turned over and, just by chance, the back of my hand brushed the side of my right breast and I felt a hard lump through my pyjama top. My immediate thought after "oh I must get that checked out" was that I couldn't tell anybody until after Christmas because I didn't want anybody worrying about me! I told my husband Shaun on Boxing Day night and said I would get it checked out as soon as the doctor's opened again.
I made an appointment in between Christmas and New Year and the doctor had a feel, asked me some questions and decided to send me to the Breast Clinic at Ninewells Hospital. She said it was was likely nothing to worry about but that it was better to get it checked out. Little did I know that it was actually something to worry about!
![]() |
| Christmas Eve movie & chocolate milk |


Comments
Post a Comment